Download free eAudiobooks to your computer, tablet and phone with BorrowBox and OverDrive.
- eAudiobook downloads are just like a library book loan, only they expire after 2 weeks so there are no fines to pay.
- You can download eAudiobooks to your computer, MP3 player, iPod or other portable media player (there are some restrictions depending on the service - see the individual websites for further information).
- Apple and Android apps are available for both services to download and listen to your selected titles offline and on the go.
Adults can borrow up to 10 eAudiobooks from BorrowBox.
- To register/login, select the 'sign in' button in the top right of the BorrowBox home screen. You will need to enter your normal library card number and password/PIN. On first use you will also be asked to provide an email address to set up your account.
- Select 'eAudiobooks' from the top menu to view their titles. You can view featured titles, new releases and top downloads as well as browsing by category.
- To search for a title you can use the search box in the top right hand corner.
- To checkout an item select the borrow option under the details of each eAudiobook.
- After you have borrowed a title, click on the download button on the loan successful page and choose to download an eAudiobook either in a single download or in parts. If you get a pop-up with options to 'Open, Run or Save' your loan when you download, make sure that you select save, otherwise the eAudiobook will not save to your device properly.
- After 14 days there will be two available renewal periods of 2 weeks. After this, or if you choose not to renew, the eAudiobook will no longer be available to open and you will need to delete the file from your device.
Finished your book sooner than expected? Hit the return button so that it's available for someone else to enjoy.
- If the title you want to borrow says 'reserve' rather than borrow this is because another library user has already borrowed the book. If you still want to borrow the book select reserve. As soon as it becomes available you will be sent an email.
You can listen to the eAudiobook using standard software you already have on your PC or Mac. If you are using your phone or other mobile device you can download the Borrow Box app to listen to your eAudiobooks.
Help is available on the BorrowBox website.
You can borrow up to 3 eAudiobooks from OverDrive.
- To use OverDrive you will need to enter your normal library card number and password/PIN.
- To view all their eAudiobooks click on the 'Subjects' option in the top left corner and select 'Audiobooks'.
- To search for a title you can use the magnifying glass search option in the top right corner.
- To checkout a title select the borrow option under the details of each eAudiobook. You will be given the option to specify how long you would like to borrow the item for, up to 21 days.
- After you have borrowed a title, click on the download button in the pop up box. If you get a pop-up with options to Open, Run or Save your loan when you download, make sure that you select 'Save', otherwise the eAudiobook will not save to your computer properly.
- After 21 days the eAudiobook file will be automatically removed from your computer. The file will also be removed from your computer if you choose to return it early.
- If the title you want to borrow says 'hold' rather than borrow this is because another library user has already borrowed the book. If you still want to borrow the book you can click on hold. As soon as the eAudiobook becomes available you will be sent an email - if there isn't a saved email address for your account, enter and confirm one when prompted.
You can listen to the eAudiobook on your PC or Mac by downloading the OverDrive app. If you are using your phone or other mobile device you can download the Libby app to listen to your eAudiobooks. You can also use Libby in your web browser.
Help is available on the BorrowBox website. You will need to be signed into the website to access it.