Drainage and coastal management
Managing the drainage and coastal environment in Swansea.
- to manage local flood risk and deliver the requirements of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 and Flood Risk Regulations 2009
- preparation, design and contract administration
- liaison with external partners in particular, Natural Resources Wales and Dŵr Cymru to undertake duties to comply with statutory duties
- coastal protection authority
In addition the service has responsibility for the management of the coastline serving the area and is proud to be part of Swansea and Carmarthen Bay Coastal Engineering Group. The group has produced the current Shoreline Management Plan which addresses four key issues:
- coastal processes
- natural environment
- human coastal defences
- built environment coastal defences
Shoreline Management 2 is expected to be available later on this year.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordinary Watercourse Regulation
We issue all land drainage consents for works to watercourses (streams and ditches both natural and man-made and culverts etc) within the City and County of Swansea.
Apply for an Ordinary Watercourse Consent
If you are concerned about works to an ordinary watercourse in your local area then you can email us at email@example.com to determine whether the works required consent, and whether an application for consent was made or not.
We will take a risk-based approach to enforcement where unconsented works have been carried out on ordinary watercourses. The purpose of ordinary watercourse regulation is to control certain activities that might have an adverse flooding impact.