Dragon Rider Cymru
Courses for motorcyclists who have a full licence. The course will enhance your skills and could get a discount on your insurance.
Dragon rider is a post-test training initiative which follows the DVSA enhanced rider scheme syllabus and develops a rider's skills, knowledge and confidence. Qualified instructors impart their specialist experience and give riders encouragement which helps build good relationships to support other riders.
The course is suitable for all bikers with a full licence who:
- have just passed their test
- are returning to riding after a break
- are upgrading to a more powerful motorcycle
- want to check their riding standard.
The full days' training is free and consists of a short discussion followed by a comprehensive ride-out (minimum of 4 hours) with a stop-off for a light lunch en-route.
Using the riders' own bikes and the instructors communication systems, individual on-road assessments are carried out, as well as comprehensive and personalised feedback to instil good and safe practices. DVSA certificates are issued after training is completed.
Courses run rain or shine, and will only be cancelled in extremely inclement weather conditions in which case you will be contacted.
Dates for 2021
- Sunday 19 September 2021, Committee Room 3A, The Guildhall, Swansea.
Please arrive at 8.45am for registration.
Participants are reminded that anyone displaying symptoms of coronavirus or suspects that they have been exposed to the virus should not attend, and that in the 2 weeks prior to the course they have not had:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms or has tested positive
- are subject to any requirements to quarantine, for example, return from abroad.
Social distancing should be followed at all times based on government guidelines and face coverings will need to be worn in indoor public areas, including council buildings.
Please bring the following documents (photocopies are not acceptable):
- Driving licence (both parts if applicable)
- Insurance certificate
- MOT certificate (if applicable).
All machines must be in a roadworthy condition.
You will be covering up to 100 miles during the day, so please ensure that you have sufficient fuel for the whole day. You'll be provided with a lunch voucher up to the value of £5.