Toggle mobile menu visibility

Social care and disabilities

Specialist advice and support for disabled people.

Adaptations to your home

Information about how to make large or smaller adaptations to your home to help you maintain your independence.

Occupational therapy

The community Occupational Therapy Service is one of the services provided by Social Services to help older people and people with a physical or sensory disability live as independently as possible in their own homes.

Registering as disabled

All local authorities are required to keep a register of disabled people, however registration is voluntary.

Disabled children and young people

Social Services Child Disability Team works with children and young people who have moderate to severe disabilities.

Adults with a disability

Social Services help and encourage disabled adults to live as independently as possible at home, have opportunities to get out and about, and find ways to adapt to their impairment.

Disability aids and equipment

There is a wide variety of aids and equipment that can make life easier for people with a disability or health condition, or those who are just finding it more difficult to get around.

Further resources for disabled people

Support organisations and online resources for disabled people.