Toggle mobile menu visibility

Council Tax frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions about Council Tax.

I don't know/can't find my Council Tax number

Fill out the request a copy of your Council Tax bill form and we'll send it to you at your address. Your Council Tax number will be on the bill.

I'm new to Swansea. How do I register to pay Council Tax?

Fill out the register/report a change of address form with your details and we'll send you a bill.

I'm moving out of Swansea. How do I let you know?

Fill out the report other changes of circumstances form to let us know.

My property is currently empty while undergoing major renovations.

If your property falls into our list of property exemptions then contact us to let us know. These exemptions are normally limited to 6 months.

My house is on the market and empty while I'm waiting for it to sell. Do I still have to pay Council Tax?

If the property is unfurnished then it would be exempt from council Tax. Contact us to let us know. These exemptions are normally limited to 6 months.

I currently pay by Direct Debit but want to change my details.

Follow the instructions to set up a Direct Debit and we'll update your records.

Freeman on the Land / Peacekeepers (or similar claims)

Information on why 'Freeman on the Land' / Peacekeepers claims have no effect on Council Tax liability.
Close Choose Language

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon
Last modified on 26 July 2023