Toggle mobile menu visibility

Help and support paying your council rent

If you are struggling to pay your rent you may be entitled to help.

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit is paid to those on a low income whether they are working or not and is to help you pay your rent.

Find out more about Housing Benefit.


Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

If you are getting Housing Benefit or an award of Universal Credit that includes a housing element towards rental liability, but are still finding it hard to pay your rent, you may be able to get extra help by applying for a DHP.

Find out more about DHPs.


Support services available from us


Other support services that may be able to help

Citizens Advice Swansea / Neath Port Talbot

  • Address
    • Second Floor
    • City Gates
    • 50a Wind Street
    • Swansea
    • SA1 1EE
  • Tel0808 278 7926


  • Address
    • Turn2us
    • Hythe House
    • 200 Shepherds Bush Road
    • London
    • W6 7NL
    • United Kingdom
  • Tel0808 802 2000

Find advice and support on debt

Free help and advice is available on managing your money and debts.

Celtic Credit Union

  • Address
    • 13 Portland Street
    • Swansea
    • SA1 5LR
    • United Kingdom
  • Tel0333 006 3002

Wales Illegal Money Lending Unit

The Coronavirus outbreak has led to many people across Wales finding themselves having to deal with an uncertain financial situation.
Close Choose Language