Corporate complaints procedure
We are committed to listening to the views of our customers, whether positive or negative.
If you want to make a complaint, you should in the first instance raise your issue with the relevant department or service provider.
For all other council complaints:
- online: Make a complaint
- email / phone / letter: Contact the Complaints Team
- pre-printed complaint form - available from the Complaints Team or our service outlets
- customer services staff can help you complete the form online by calling 01792 636000
- information is also available in different formats such as Welsh (and other languages upon request), tape, Braille, large print etc: Contact the Complaints Team
If you are unhappy with the department's response, you should then complain to that department as a stage 1 complaint in line with our complaints policy and procedure.
Stage 1 complaints
- To begin with, your complaint will be dealt with by the service department concerned and hopefully resolved.
- The service department will aim to provide a response to your complaint within 10 working days.
Stage 2 complaints
- If you have not received a response from the service department within 10 working days without good reason, or you have received an explanation or response with which you are still unhappy, you can refer your complaint to the Complaints Team.
- The Complaints Team will review your complaint on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Your complaint will be logged and you will receive a response within 20 working days. Sometimes it may take longer, but you will be kept informed if this is likely to be the case.
What if you are still dissatisfied?
Complaining to the ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, having pursued it through the two complaint stages with the council, you may wish to refer the matter to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.