Search site

Club premises certificates

Volunteer and social clubs carry on activities from premises to which public access is restricted and alcohol is supplied other than for profit. They should hold a club premises certificate.

These clubs (such as the Royal British Legion, working men's or cricket or rugby clubs) are generally organisations where members join together for a particular social, sporting or political purpose. The clubs members combine to purchase alcohol in bulk for members.

Club premises are able to sell alcohol to members and sell it to guests without the need of a personal licence holder or designated premises supervisor.

In partnership with EUGO : This link opens in a new window How to apply

Download the PDF Document club premises certificate application form (PDF, 247KB)Opens new window to apply by post.  

Download the PDF Document variation of a club premises certificate application form (PDF, 229KB)Opens new window to apply by post.

Make a Declaration for a club premises certificate online.

Apply for a Review of a club premises certificate online.

Apply for a Minor variation of a club premises certificate online.


You must complete the application form in full.  If there is a fee you will need to pay when you submit your form. 

You should also include a plan of the premises and a copy of the club rules where required.


You must submit your fee with the application.

If you apply by post you should make cheques payable to 'City and County of Swansea' and send it with your completed form.


If you have any problems with your application, would like more information or would like to view the register of premises then please contact us on 01792 635600 or email Any applicant who is refused a certificate or who wishes to appeal against a condition attached to their certificate can appeal to their local Magistrates' court within 21 days of the decision appealed.

Powered by GOSS iCM