Search site
  • Tell us you intend to claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

Tell us you intend to claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction normally start from the time we receive your application form. However, if you know that you want to claim, use this online form today to register your claim and ask us to post a paper form to you. You will then have one calendar month from today to return the paper form and any supporting documents.

You can complete this form yourself or someone can do it on your behalf.

As long as we receive your completed paper application form within a month, we will treat your claim as made today. It is your responsibility to make sure the form and any other evidence required, reaches us in good time.

If we don't receive your paper application form within the month, your claim will be treated as made on the date it reaches us which could mean you would not be paid all the benefit/reduction you might have been entitled to.


  1. Swansea Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. Your information will be used in the exercise of our official authority and will not be used for any other purpose. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.

    Data protection law describes the legal basis for our processing your data as necessary for the performance of a public task. For further information about how Swansea Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see our corporate privacy notice on our website.
  2. Fields marked * are required
  3. Label
    1. Are you the person who will be claiming help? *
  4. Representative's details
    1. Representative's details
      1. Label
  5. Claimant's details
    1. Please note this is a secure website so your personal details will be safe
  6. What do you want to claim?
    1. Would you like us to post you an application form? *
    2. Label
      1. Would you like it sent to the address for which benefit is to be claimed?
      2. Label
    3. Have you or are you going to make a claim for Universal Credit? *
  7. Did you fill this form in yourself?
  8. Are you a robot?
Powered by GOSS iCM