Busking in the city centre
There's nothing like the sound of live music or the sight of street performers entertaining the public to add to the atmosphere whilst browsing the shops in the city centre.
Whether you're a professional street performer, story-teller, dancer, aspiring musician or drama student, our city centre's authorised busking and street entertainment scheme, From Busk Til Dawn, provides a regulated, safe and accessible platform for performers to gain invaluable experience entertaining the public as well as a modest income from busking.
The scheme, which has been running since 2009, also ensures activities are co-ordinated, promoted and supported by local buskers and city centre traders.
Official pitches are available in the heart of the city centre in high footfall areas providing opportunities throughout the day and early evening.
- Top of Oxford St / Castle Square entrance
- Junction of Oxford St and Portland St
- Lower Oxford St - outside former Poundland
- St Mary's Square / Whitewalls junction
- Union St - adjacent to market entrance
- Outside Swansea Train Station
- Swansea Castle forecourt
- Bottom of Wind St / Little Wind St junction
- Swansea Bus Station*
- Oxford St - under canopy between River Island and Sports Direct*
- Oxford St / Whitewalls junction - under canopy alongside former Topshop*
- St Mary's Square - under canopy alongside New Look*
* wet weather pitches in sheltered locations
The city centre rangers oversee the scheme on-site and help deal with any queries or issues that may arise.
Official 'Entertaining Swansea' tabards are also available from the rangers.