Why should my business be using this service?
We have the expertise to help you expand or grow your business. Our Business Regulatory Services offer direct contact with the experts to businesses.
Our services are currently available for:
- Food Safety
- Trading Standards
Contacting the experts directly through this service will make it easier and quicker to receive the advice and guidance required, in addition to help with the licences and permissions required. We offer free signposting and can offer business regulatory services as cost price. The services offered are suitable for all businesses include pre-start, start up and established businesses.
The service is charged at £72 per hour (including VAT and on a cost recovery basis) with a minimum of 2 hours required. The charge is processed via an online payment at the time of enquiry. Your online enquiry form and confirmation of your online payment will be sent directly to the experts who will then be able to contact you to discuss your queries.
Trading standards advice will cover:
- consumer contracts
- advice on sales scripts
- general business compliance with consumer law
- consumers rights / returns policies
- labelling of your products food or non-food
- specific safety requirements for products.
Food hygiene advice will cover:
- Structure, layout and facilities in premises
- Food safety management/HACCP systems ie, the paperwork needed for compliance
- Food hygiene training
- The food hygiene rating scheme - including the general requirements to be met to in order to attain a higher rating
- Food safety practices (including but not limited to advice on temperature requirement and suggestions for the business to assist in meeting guidelines to control the risk of E coli cross contamination, where appropriate).
Food standards advice will cover:
- Labelling advice
- Allergens advice
- Animal feed advice.