Building regulations guidance
Building regulations are the minimum standards in construction. They include the structure of a building, fire protection, energy conservation and access and use of buildings.
In Wales building regulations are the responsibility of the Welsh Government.
We are able to give advice on how to ensure the building regulations are met. You can contact us on 01792 635636 or email email@example.com.
Approved documents for building regulations
Guidance on how the building regulations should be used are explained in the approved documents. Detailed guidance and the complete documents are available on the Welsh Government website. From here you can download a pdf copy or order a printed version.
Each document contains:
- general guidance on the performance expected of materials and building work in order to meet each of the requirements of the building regulations
- practical examples and solutions on how to achieve compliance for some of the more common building situations.
The approved documents are:
- Part A: structural safety
- Part B: fire safety
- Part C: resistance to contaminants and moisture
- Part D: toxic substances
- Part E: resistance to the passage of sound
- Part F: ventilation
- Part G: sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency
- Part H: drainage and waste disposal
- Part J: heat producing appliances
- Part K: Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Part L: conservation of fuel and power
- Part M: access to and use of buildings
- Part N: glazing safety
- Part P: electrical safety
- Part Q: security
- Part R: physical infrastructure for high-speed electronic communications networks.