Building regulation fees
The fees are divided into plan and inspection fees, building notice fees and regularisation fees. The fees will depend on the work that is being done.
Depending on the type of application being made you will either pay when you apply or will be invoiced later. Please check the following to make sure you are able to pay at the right time:
- full plans - the plan fee must be paid when the full plans application is made.
- building notices - the fee must be paid when the building notice application is made.
- inspection fees - these will be invoiced after the first inspection has been done.
- disabled adaptations - there is no charge for works in a building to give access and facilities for disabled people.
Getting a quote
If you would like a quotation for your proposed works please contact the office on 01792 635619 or 635636.
Fees for other services
We offer a number of other building control services. Details of the basic fees for these services are in the table below.
|Type of work
|Total (excluding VAT)
|Total (including VAT)
|Fire risk assessments (minimum fee)
|Water efficiency calculations
|Provision of building regulation information
Fire risk assessments fees identified above is for simple conventional buildings. Please contact us for a quote for more complex buildings. Other buildings will be assessed individually.
Paying your fees
Fees can be paid by any of the following methods when visiting the office:
- cheque - made payable to 'City and County of Swansea'
- credit card - we can accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and Maestro
If you are posting your application you can include a cheque to cover the full fee. Please do not send cash through the post.
We also accept credit card payment by telephone. If you would like to pay over the phone you will need to submit your application first. The fee will then be worked out and we will contact you for your payment details. Please note that payments using Visa Electron cannot be accepted by telephone.