Drawing people (Essential Skills)
You can only book this course if you have been referred by a member of the Lifelong Learning Team, if you would like to book one of our mainstream courses please use the following link: Lifelong Learning courses
With Patricia McKenna. Discover new skills in drawing people.
Discover how to draw the clothed figure, finding inspiration in the drawings of artists past and present. Learn and understand the basics of how to draw people, practising poses, proportions and gestures. With this 10 week course for beginners, you can find inspiration from the art of drawing people, discovering some new skills and talents along the way. An optional field trip will be planned to take place during the course, but this will depend on Welsh Government guidelines in respect to Covid-19.
Elements of the course will include:
- Basic drawing techniques.
- Drawing what you see.
- Getting your proportions correct.
- Methods for drawing the face and head.
- Shading techniques.
Sessions will include:
- Classroom based teaching.
- Tutor demonstrations.
- Time set for learners to practice techniques taught.
- Group discussion and feedback sessions.
- Optional field trip to practice new skills, depending on Welsh Government guidelines in respect of Covid-19
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Face-to-face.
Course code: A092145.PM.