Calligraphy - pointed pen uncial
With Judith Porch. Moving on from Calligraphy for absolute beginners.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn how to use a pointed pen to create this modern version of traditional Celtic letters. Aimed at beginners and improvers alike, everyone can enjoy this fun and lively style.
In this course we will discover the joy of writing with a pointed pen. A flexible tool reliant on pressure to create the 'thicks' and 'thins'. Suitable for creating your own handmade cards and designs.
You will learn:
- How to set up your pen.
- Which pen and paper to use for best results.
- How to use your pen to create thick and thin strokes simply with pressure.
- How to write consistent letters which work together as a group.
- How to space your letters and words correctly.
- How to create a variety of letter forms by varying the height or proportions of the letters.
Once you have the calligraphy bug you will never look at letters in the same way again.
Sessions will include:
- Comprehensive 'how to' videos.
- Online / printable documents and resources.
- Live sessions will include tutor demonstrations.
- Twice termly face-to-face sessions to discuss progress and problem solving.
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Blended learning.
Course code: A092154.JPO.