Practical Photography for beginners (Essential Skills) - Wednesdays 13:00 - 15:00
You can only book this course if you have been referred by a member of the Lifelong Learning Team, if you would like to book one of our mainstream courses please use the following link: Lifelong Learning courses
With Liz Barry. A course for students new to digital photography.
Beginners: A course for students new to digital photography.
Each week students will develop skills relating to camera controls and composition enabling them to fully utilise their camera features to produce high quality images. Looking at examples of other photographer's work, photographic styles and subjects, creating images of interest and structure.
Students will be given projects to complete relating to topics covered during the course. Students can share their work through the online classroom, a platform where they can also discuss photo related topics and projects.
Links to useful websites, articles and exhibitions will be shared. Fieldtrips will be planned to take place during the course, but this will depend on Welsh Government guidelines in respect to Covid-19.
Themes will cover:
- Introduction to basic photographic principles, creative control, use of equipment, camera and lenses, wide angle, tele photo, macro.
- Understand how to effectively use composition by applying simple techniques, framing, leading lines, rule of thirds, colour, form and lighting to create a good photograph.
- Exposure Triangle, Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO.
- Focus control and modes.
- Automatic, semi-automatic and manual camera settings.
- Camera functions and programmes including black and white, sunsets, night time photography.
- Select camera setting according to the subject being photographed portraiture, landscape, sports or macro (close up photography).
Sessions will include:
- Classroom based teaching.
- Tutor feedback will be provided on assignments, critique and class discussion.
- Fieldtrips may take place as part of this 10 week course, depending on Welsh Government guidelines in respect of Covid-19.
- Presentation of work, both visually and printed.
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Face-to-face.
Course code: D092138.LB.