Search site
House in hand

The Tenancy Support Unit (TSU)

The TSU provide housing related support and advice to people in order to prevent homelessness and maintain independence.

Request online button
Support from the Tenancy Support Unit
The service is free and available to anyone over the age of 16 who lives within the City & County of Swansea including home owners, housing association tenants, council tenants and those who rent from the private sector. 

What sort of help and support do they provide?

Support is provided on a whole range of issues such as:

  • Budgeting and money management
  • Claiming welfare benefits
  • Rent arrears and evictions
  • Setting up home, resettlement support
  • Engaging in work, education
  • Home safety
  • Engaging with health services
  • Addressing substance misuse
  • Domestic abuse
  • Dealing with correspondence

How do I refer?

You can either refer yourself or be referred by another agency or professional.  All you need to do is complete the 'request for support' online form and a member of the team will then contact you to undertake a referral and assessment over the phone.  You can also ring us directly on 01792 774360.

Once we receive a referral and assess your circumstances you will be placed on a waiting list for a support worker.

Central referral route

The TSU is the central referral route for housing support services in Swansea.  They have an in house support team and also work in partnership with the tenancy support teams in the following organisations:

  • British Red Cross
  • Goledau
  • Platfform
  • Pobl Care and Support
  • Hafan Cymru
  • Llanmau
  • Swansea Young Families
  • The Wallich

Contact Details

Telephone: 01792 774360

Address: TSU, 17 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1LF

Powered by GOSS iCM