Stage 2 PC for Beginners
With Graham Powers. Stage two of an introduction to basic computer skills.
Following on from Stage 1 PC for beginners, this classroom based accredited course will allow you to refresh your knowledge and add to your current skills as a PC user. The course will cover PC housekeeping, including organising files and folders. You will work through the use of Microsoft Word, sending and receiving emails and using the Internet for searching, retrieving and downloading information. You will also cover online safety and what it means to be digitally responsible. Some key elements of this course will include:
- Creating folders and saving files to them.
- Creating subfolders.
- Renaming, moving and deleting files, folders and subfolders.
- Create a document with text and images.
- Formatting text and changing document styles.
- Setting up accounts for emails and online services.
- Sending and downloading attachments.
- Managing email folders.
- Digital responsibility and online safety.
- Searching and researching on the Internet.
- Downloading from the Internet.
Sessions will include:
- Classroom based learning sessions.
- Handouts and printable guides.
At least one Agored Cymru unit will be achieved during this 10 week term. Each Agored Cymru unit can be used to form a part of one or more regulated Agored Cymru qualifications.
Duration - 10 weeks.
Learning format - Face-to-face.
Course code - D092130.GP.