Get Swansea Online: PCs for Absolute Beginners [Tues 12-2pm]
With Andrew Hulling. The next step in our basic introduction to using a computer.
Duration - 10 weeks commencing 18 January 2022
Please be aware that this course runs 10 weeks from the start date. Bookings made after this date will mean that you will be joining the course late. Our tutors are happy to accept new learners if places are still available to book.
This informal and non-accredited PC for beginners face to face learning course will provide students with an introduction to basic IT and computer skills. Learners will attend face-to-face sessions, where they will learn new skills to help them better use their PC. Some of the key elements of the course will include:
Files and folders
- Creating a folder and saving files to it.
- Create a document with text.
- Basic formatting and editing documents.
- Emailing - an overview and introduction.
- Sending attachments.
- Online safety.
- Browsing and searching the web.
- Downloading from the Internet.
- Accessing media websites such as YouTube, Google Images etc.
Sessions will include:
- Classroom based tuition.
- Some learning through discussion groups.
Learning format - Face to face.
Course code - D012226.AH