Get Swansea Online: PCs for beginners
With Andrew Hulling. The next step in our basic introduction to using a computer.
This informal and non-accredited PC for beginners blended learning course will provide students with an introduction to basic IT and computer skills. Learners will attend a mixture of face-to-face and online tutorial sessions, where they will learn new skills to help them better use their PC. Some of the key elements of the course will include:
Files and folders
- Creating a folder and saving files to it.
- Create a document with text.
- Basic formatting and editing documents.
- Emailing - an overview and introduction.
- Sending attachments.
- Online safety.
- Browsing and searching the web.
- Downloading from the Internet.
- Accessing media websites such as YouTube, Google Images etc.
Sessions will include:
- Some classroom based tuition.
- Some online learning through live sessions and discussion groups.
Duration - 10 weeks.
Learning format - Blended (first session only at Civic Centre, remaining sessions online).
Course code - D092126.AH