Search site

Corporate complaints procedure

Swansea Council is committed to listening to the views of its customers whether positive or negative.

Should you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance raise your issue with the relevant department or service provider

For Social Services complaints please refer to the Social Services complaints procedure or contact the Corporate Complaints Team.

For all other council complaints:

  • Online complaint form - available at
  • e-mail - contact us at complaints
  • Letter - Write to Complaints Team, Room 2.2.3, Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea SA1 3SN
  • Pre-printed complaint form - available from Complaints Team or our service outlets
  • Customer Services staff can help you complete the form online by calling 01792 636000
  • Telephone - contact complaints team on 01792 637345
  • Information is also available in different formats: eg Welsh (and other languages upon request), tape, Braille, large print etc from the Corporate Complaints Team: 01792 637345

If you are unhappy with the department's response, you should then complain to that department as a stage 1 complaint in line with the council's Complaints Policy and procedure.

Complaints procedure

Stage 1 complaints

  • To begin with, your complaint will be dealt with by the service department concerned and hopefully resolved.
  • The service department will aim to provide a response to your complaint within 10 working days.

Stage 2 complaints

  • If you have not received a response from the service department within 10 working days without good reason, or you have received an explanation or response with which you are still unhappy, you can refer your complaint to the Complaints Team on 01792 637345 or email
  • The Complaints Team will review your complaint on behalf of the Chief Executive.
  • Your complaint will be logged and you will receive a response within 20 working days. Sometimes it may take longer, but you will be kept informed if this is likely to be the case.

What if you are still dissatisfied?

Complaining to the Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, having pursued it through the two complaint stages with the council, you may wish to refer the matter to the Contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

Powered by GOSS iCM