Search site

Adaptations to your home

Information about how to make larger or smaller adaptations to your home to help with your impairment

Disabled Facilities Grant

You can apply if you own your home or if you rent it from the Council, a Housing Association or a private landlord. To qualify for the grant an  Occupational Therapist will have to carry out an assessment of your needs and see what work is appropriate. The grants are means-tested and, depending on your financial circumstances, you may have to make a contribution to the work.

For more information see Disabled Facilities Grant - Adaptations for a disabled person or ring 01792 635330.

Smaller Adaptations

For smaller adaptations, Western Bay Care and RepairOpens new window offer advice and assistance for elderly or disabled owner-occupiers.  They also administer the Welsh Government-funded Rapid Response Adaptations Programme which helps people to return home after being discharged from hospital, or to prevent admission to hospital or residential care. Tel: 01792 798599

Applying for an adapted home

If you need to move home because of your disability, the  ADAPT ProjectOpens new window is a partnership of local housing providers in Swansea and simplifies the process of applying for an adapted home.

Specialist equipment

If you don't need physical adaptations to your home, but would benefit from specialist equipment to make life easier, there are some suggestions about who can help on the Aids and Equipment page.

Powered by GOSS iCM