Toggle mobile menu visibility

Marriages and civil partnerships

Swansea has the perfect setting for your wedding or civil partnership. From stunning views over Swansea Bay to the outstanding beauty of the Gower Peninsula you are sure to find your dream location.

Wherever you choose to hold your ceremony we can help to make your day truly special.

If you have an enquiry about your marriage or civil partnership please do not telephone the Register Office. Please email your enquiry to

Ceremonies at the Civic Centre are going ahead. If your ceremony is scheduled to take place in the Register Office you must bring two witnesses only. If your ceremony is taking place in the Swansea Bay Ceremony Rooms you will be able to bring a maximum of 55 guests (including children).

Ceremonies in approved venues, such as hotels, can go ahead. Please contact your venue for information regarding permitted numbers and other restrictions.

Couples due to marry in a place of worship should continue to contact the church/chapel to check whether their ceremony can still go ahead.

If you have an enquiry about your marriage or civil partnership please email your enquiry to We cannot take ceremony queries by phone.

You must include the date and venue of your ceremony in the subject line or we will not be able to deal with your query. We will either email or call you back and we will deal with emails in the order that they are received. We are currently giving priority to couples whose ceremonies were due to take place soon.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Giving notice of marriage

If you want to get married or form a civil partnership in England or Wales you must both give notice in person.

Marriages and Civil Partnerships at the Swansea Bay Ceremony Rooms, Civic Centre

The Civic Centre is located on the seafront promenade with stunning views over the spectacular Swansea Bay.

Religious marriages

A religious wedding can take place at a church, chapel or other registered religious building.

Ceremonies abroad

The rules governing marriages in other countries are complex and vary from country to country.

Ceremonies at approved venues

Civil marriages and civil partnerships can take place in a variety of premises. These include hotels, historic buildings, museums, theatres and football stadiums.

Licensing a venue for ceremonies

To hold a civil marriage or civil partnership ceremony at a venue in England or Wales, the premises must be approved by the local authority. A separate approval is needed if you wish to hold a civil partnership in a religious premises.

The ceremony frequently asked questions

Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about marriage and civil partnership ceremonies.

Pay for a ceremony

If you have booked a marriage or civil partnership ceremony in Swansea you can pay the deposit, balance or full amount using this form.

Converting a civil partnership into a marriage

If you have been through a legal civil partnership ceremony in England or Wales you can convert this into a marriage.

Fees and payments for registration services

Ceremony fees can be paid with cash, debit or credit card at the Register Office or by credit or debit card over the telephone.
Close Choose Language

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon
Last modified on 14 July 2023