Search site
House with ramp

Adapted housing

People with disabilities can apply for grants to make adaptations to their home or can use the ADAPT project to help find them suitably adapted accommodation.

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you need adaptations made to your home to help you with your impairment you may be able to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant. You can apply if you own your home or if you rent it from the Council, a Housing Association or a private landlord. To qualify for the grant an Occupational Therapist will have to carry out an assessment of your needs and see what work is appropriate. The grants are means-tested and, depending on your financial circumstances, you may have to make a contribution to the work.

ADAPT Project

ADAPT assists disabled people to find suitably adapted accommodation.  It works through a strong partnership between the City and County of Swansea and Coastal Housing Group, Gwalia Neighbourhood and Family Housing Association.  This means there is one waiting list for disabled people who can be matched to adapted properties from any of these housing providers.

To apply to join the ADAPT waiting list you must first make a housing application to any of:

  • The City and County of Swansea
  • Coastal Housing Group
  • Gwalia Neighbourhood
  • Family Housing Association

Once your application has been assessed they will refer your application to ADAPT SwanseaOpens new window who will then contact you to progress your application.

Powered by GOSS iCM