Search site

Personal licences

A personal licence allows individuals to supply, or to authorise the supply of alcohol from an establishment with a premises licence.

All applicants need to gain an accredited licensing qualification before they are given a licence.

All premises that supply alcohol must have an identified person licence holder. This is know as the designated premises supervisor (DPS). 

You do not need a personal licence for the provision of regulated entertainment or late night refreshment, or for the supply of alcohol under a club premises certificate or temporary event notice.

How to apply

Download the PDF Document personal licence application form (PDF, 139KB)Opens new window to apply by post.  

You must complete the application form in full including the disclosure of convictions and declarations form.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form.  

You should also include a basic criminal records disclosure, a copy of your qualification certificate and 2 passport photographs (endorsed).


You must submit your fee with the application. 

You can submit your fee with the application (cheque or postal order) or  you can make the payment via debit or credit card over the phone by contacting the Licensing Division on 01792 635600. 

If you want to make a debit or credit card payment over the phone, you will firstly need to send in your application and documents to be checked. You will need to make sure your contact number is on the application. Once our application has been checked, a member of the Licensing Team will contact you to take the payment for the application. Please note that the application is not properly submitted until payment has been made.


If you have any problems with your application or would like more information then please contact us on 01792 635600 or email

Powered by GOSS iCM