Make your home more energy efficient
Advice and funding to help save energy and money in your home.
We support Welsh Government's aim to tackle fuel poverty and poor energy efficiency in our housing stock both in the public and private sector. We are committed in assisting UK Government meeting the target of net zero emissions by 2050 and is one of our key priorities as we recognise its importance and the global threat of climate change.
Simple ways to save on your energy bills
- Turn your thermostat down 1 degree
- Fill unused space in your freezer with rolled newspaper
- Draw your curtains at dusk
- Switch the lights off in the rooms you don't utilise and use energy saving bulbs
- Don't leave things on stand-by
- Only fill and boil the kettle with the water you need
- Use washing machines and dryers to full capacity unless you have half load settings
- Don't leave taps dripping, especially hot water taps
- Close doors to keep heat in rooms
- Adjust the heating controls (see specific heating instructions) 21oc in living room 18oc elsewhere