Brynmill Primary School - Teaching Assistant Level 2 (closing date: 29/02/24)
Contract: Temporary. Salary: Level 2 Grade 4 (pt 5-6) £21,575 - £21,968 per annum (pro rata).
Please note that this salary is subject to term time only adjustment if appointment date is after the start of the academic year.
Application: via email to Brynmill.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Body of Brynmill Primary School is seeking to appoint an excellent Grade 4 Teaching Assistant to work within our Additional Learning Needs team.
Brynmill Primary School is committed to providing a safe, happy, and nurturing environment in which all children thrive. We provide a relevant, engaging, and inclusive curriculum that stimulates the natural curiosity of every child and is responsive to their individual needs. We effectively facilitate the acquisition of knowledge, skills and understanding to empower our children to become successful learners throughout life.
The successful candidate will be:
- Committed and passionate about learning and teaching
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude.
- Sympathetic to and supportive of pupils with additional learning needs.
- Able to nurture, inspire and motivate pupils.
- Able to work as part of a team to achieve the best for each and every pupil.
- Experienced in working with children with Additional Learning needs.
- Aware of the ALN reform in Wales
- Able to carry out duties and responsibilities as set out in the job description.
- A good language role model with excellent communication skills
Relevant Additional Learning Needs training e.g. social communication, manual handling, speech and language, BSL, would be desirable.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to develop your own skills and to make a positive impact on the lives and learning experiences of the children in our care.
- A range of training opportunities relevant to the post (CPD)
- The chance to work as part of a dedicated, friendly, and highly supportive team.
- Support from the ALN team.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, religion, culture or disability. Each individual is assessed on merit alone.
Informal visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the School Administrator, Mrs Morgans, to make an appointment.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Within Swansea Council there is a "Safeguarding is Everybody's Business" principle and this applies to all Swansea Council employees, elected members, volunteers and contractors. Further details can be found at: https://www.swansea.go.uk/corporatesafeguarding. The post will commence as soon as possible following receipt of a valid enhanced DBS check.
Please e-mail completed application forms and supporting documents to Brynmill.email@example.com or post to Brynmill Primary School, Trafalgar Place, Brynmill, Swansea, SA2 0BU
Closing Date: 29 February 2024
Interview Date: Week Commencing 4 March 2024
Commencement Date: 11 March 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter