Search site


Whether you own or rent your own property, are looking to move or want to adapt your home then there are lots of places you can go to help. Many organisations offer advice on many other housing matters too.

Housing Options is the council's housing advice service and can provide anyone with free advice and information about housing including applying for council housing, renting privately, homelessness and debt/money advice. 

Housing Options can also help you if you are having problems in your current home.  They can do this by helping you to stay where you are in the long term or by helping you stay where you are until you are able to find somewhere else to live. You can phone them for advice on 01792 533100  (8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday) or call in at there offices at 17-19 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1LF which is open from 10.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

You can find out more about the service on the Help and advice about housing page on this website.


If you are looking to move house and would like some help then there are a number of organisations you can go to. We have information on finding a home on this website from council housing and private rented housing to housing associations and low cost home ownership schemes. You can find lots of information on the Finding a home pages of this website.

Citizens Advice can give guidance about housing including finding a home, mortgages, renting and home improvements. Lots of information can be found on their website at new window or you can phone the Adviceline on 03444 77 20 20 or visit a local office. The main office in Swansea is at Llys Glas, Pleasant Street, Swansea, SA1 5DS. You can phone 01792 474882 to find out about booking an appointment.

Age UK also provide information on housing including what your options are in finding the most suitable housing for you if you need care or support. The information can be found on their website at new window. If you would prefer to speak to someone you can contact Age UK Advice on freephone 0800 169 2081.


If you decide you need help to stay in your home then there are adaptations and grants that can be made to help you. You may be able to have help to repair your home, to make it more energy efficient and save money or to help is you have a disability or need assistance. There is lots of information on grants and loans on the Housing grants and loans pages of this website.

Age UK also provide information on adapting your home including handy tips, useful equipment ideas and information on how to find a tradesperson or handyperson to help with improvements. Information is available on their website at new window.


Citizens Advice and Age UK can provide lots of other advice related to housing. From problems in your neighbourhood to retiring abroad, rent arrears to staying safe in your home. Their websites hold lots of information or if you would prefer to speak to someone they also provide free advice lines.

Powered by GOSS iCM