Search site


Whether you are looking to bring in a bit more money or would just like advice on how to make your money go further there are a number of organisations that can help.

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to help with your Council Tax or rent payments. Anyone who pays Council Tax for the property they live in and is on a low income (including Universal Credit) could get Council Tax Reduction to help pay for all or part of their Council Tax. How much your Council Tax will reduce by will depend on your income and circumstances. You can find out more information and how to apply on the Council Tax Reduction pages on this website.

You may also be eligible for Housing Benefit to help pay your rent on your home if you are on a low income. You can find out more information and how to apply on the Housing Benefit  pages on this website.


If you are worried about money and would like advice then there are a number of agencies that can provide help. From how to cut household bills to more specialist advice on dealing with debts and loans our information on money worries can help you find the right organisation for the help you need. You can find contact details for a number of agencies on our website at

Age Cymru also provide advice to people with money issues including pensions advice, benefits and allowances. They also provide information on debt and savings as well as consumer tips to help protect your money. The information is available on their website at new window. If you would prefer to speak to someone you can contact Age UK Advice on freephone 0800 169 2081.


A credit union is a saving and lending co-operative, owned and run by its members. It offers ethical and convenient savings and affordable loans. In Swansea the LASA Credit union offer low cost loans, savings and community accounts amongst others. You can find out more about the credit union on their website at www.lasacreditunion.coopOpens new window. If you would like to speak to someone you can phone them on 01792 643632 or visit them in their office at 139 Walter Road,
Swansea, SA1 5RQ. Their offices are open from 9.30am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday.


Whether it is to earn a bit more money or to develop existing skills you may want to continue to work beyond retirement age. You can find council jobs on this website at Other jobs in the area are advertised at theSwansea Jobcentre Plus. You can see the latest adverts on their website at new window. You can also visit them at 37-38 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1LS.

National Careers Service has lots of information for older workers whether you are looking for work of want to learn something new. You can find information and advice on their website at new window.


If you already claim a pension or would like to know about your pension rights then Citizens Advice offers advice and information on types of pensions, how to start a pension and what you need to do before you reach retirement. You can speak to someone on the Citizens Advice Adviceline on 03444 77 20 20 or visit a local office. The main office in Swansea is at Llys Glas, Pleasant Street, Swansea, SA1 5DS. You can phone 01792 474882 to find out about booking an appointment.

You can find out lots of information on their website as well at new window.

The Department for Work and Pensions is responsible for the state pension. You can find information about your pension, how to claim it and lots more information on their website at new window.

Powered by GOSS iCM