Level 2 - IT Skills for Work and Life [Wed 12.30-2.30pm]
With Graham Powers. Word processing, digital presentations and spreadsheets.
Duration - 30 weeks
This course consists of three terms of learning, aimed at providing you with skills and accredited units at Agored Cymru Level 2.
Expand on your ICT skills to function and progress in work, education and everyday life, using digital technology to your benefit. Developing your skills to use a range of word processing software applications, exploring editing, layout and formatting tools in your documents. Work collaboratively on documents, editing and reviewing shared files. Prepare presentations for defined purposes, exploring software features to enhance presentation design and delivery. Develop your spreadsheet skills and knowledge further, using spreadsheets to summarise and display data. Improved file management, including saving, securing and sharing documents, is taught as a key skill covered during this course.
This 30 week course, delivered over three 10 week terms, will enhance your productivity using ICT and office based software packages. It will consider further the advantages of using word processing, presentations and spreadsheets, providing you with the skills and recognised accreditations to more effectively use them.
Skills taught include:
- Using layout and formatting tools to organise and display documents effectively.
- Using tools and techniques to enhance presentations.
- Use formulae and functions to summarise, manipulate and present data.
- File management.
Agored Cymru units covered will include:
- CP12CY019 Word processing techniques.
- CP12CY017 Creating digital presentations.
- CP12CY018 Spreadsheet techniques.
Each of the above units is worth three credits, nine in total, which can be used to form a part of one or more regulated Agored Cymru qualifications.
Sessions will include:
- The first 6 weeks of the autumn course will be online.
- The rest of the course will be classroom based, tutor led sessions.
- Handouts and guide sheets available for downloading and printing.
- Project work for accreditation.
Important eligibility criteria for joining Level 2 - IT Skills for work and life
In order to enrol onto this course, learners must have a sufficient level of skills and knowledge in using word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, and can already carry out the following tasks comfortably:
- Add and position text boxes and images.
- Perform functions on data in spreadsheets.
- Add an interactive feature to a presentation.
If learners are unsure of the above, they should instead consider our Level 1 - IT Skills for work and life course.
Learning format - Blended
Course code - D042232.GP