Search site

Families: worried about something?




Child Protection


Debt and Money Advice

Domestic Abuse

Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking

Forced Marriage

Internet Safety

Legal Matters

Mental Health

Sexual Health


Advocacy services can help you in situations where you may not feel able to deal with everything on your own

Tros GynnalOpens new window
A children's rights organisation which offers an advocacy service for children and young people in Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot.
Tel: 01656 669354.

Meic CymruOpens new window
Advocacy, information and advice helpline for children and young people in Wales.
Tel: 080880 23456


Winston's WishOpens new window - a charity supporting bereaved children and their families 

CRUSEOpens new window - bereavement information for children and young people


Bullying UKOpens new window (part of Family Lives website)

KidscapeOpens new window - a charity whose focus is the prevention of bullying and abuse

BBC Radio 1 - Bullying InformationOpens new window

Childline - Bullying InformationOpens new window

Welsh Government information about bullying
    Are you being bullied?Opens new window
    Is your child being bullied?Opens new window

Child Protection

What to do if you think that a child or young person under the age of 18 is being harmed or neglected, or you believe them to be at risk.

Safeguarding children - concerned about a child or young person?


Counselling is a kind of talking therapy that allows people to talk confidentially about their problems and worries to someone who is trained to listen and help.

You can search Swansea's Healthy City Directory for a list of counselling organisationsOpens new window in the area. 

Counselling specifically aimed at young people is provided locally by The ExchangeOpens new window  Tel: 01792  346323.

New PathwaysOpens new window offers advocacy and counselling services for people who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse.

Debt and managing your money


Swansea's Debt Panic ButtonOpens new window  website provides free support and advice on managing debt for people who have money worries or debt concerns. 

The National DebtlineOpens new window is a free, confidential national telephone helpline for people with debt problems. Tel: 0808 808 4000.  Their website also has a range of debt-related factsheets.

StepChange Debt CharityOpens new window offers free advice on problem debt. Tel: 0800 138 1111

Managing your Money

The Money Advice ServiceOpens new window was set up by the government to provide independent, unbiased money advice. Tel: 0800 138 7777 

Money Made Clear WalesOpens new window is a website to help people in Wales manage their money better.

My Community Bank WalesOpens new window is a credit union offering loans and savings. Tel: 01792 643632

The website offers advice on benefitsOpens new window,  money and taxOpens new window.

NHS Choices has tips on dealing with money worries.

Domestic Abuse

Experiencing domestic abuse can be a very difficult experience for children, whether they are physically abused themselves or witness the abuse of another person.

The NSPCC has information on how domestic abuse affects children.Opens new window

The Royal College of Psychiatrists has a factsheetOpens new window about the effect of domestic abuse on children and young people 

The HideoutOpens new window is a Women's Aid page for children and young people. 

BAWSOOpens new window- support for black and ethnic minority women and children experiencing domestic abuse.   24 hour helpline: 0800 7318147

The Live Fear Free HelplineOpens new window is an information and signposting service to help people with experience of domestic abuse.  24 hour helpline: 0808 80 10 800 

  • More information about support for people experiencing Domestic Abuse

Drugs, Alcohol and Smoking

Where to get confidential help and advice about drugs and/or alcohol problems
Alcohol and drug problems

The FilterOpens new window has information and advice about smoking for young people in Wales.  

The Stop Smoking WalesOpens new window website has information about services to help people quit smoking.

Forced marriage

Forced marriage is illegal.  It happens when someone is put under pressure to marry someone they do not wish to. This may involved threats, violence or emotional pressure. 

The government has a Forced Marriage Unit.  Telephone 020 7008 0151 if you are trying to stop a forced marriage. They also provide a wide range of information and guidanceOpens new window for professionals advising and supporting victims and a survivor's handbook.Opens new window.

Internet Safety

Internet safety information from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection CentreOpens new window   Parents , carers and young people may also like to look at their Think U KnowOpens new window site. 

The UK Safer Internet CentreOpens new window has e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.

NSPCC advice about keeping children safe onlineOpens new window 

Child online safety: a practical guide for parents and carers whose children are using social media ( new window

The website Get Safe Online also has information about safeguarding children online.Opens new window

Legal Matters

The Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port TalbotOpens new window can advise on a range of legal matters.

CAFCASS CymruOpens new window (the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service in Wales) represents children in family court cases.  

Mediation services can help people who are getting divorced sort out arrangements for children and finance.  The Family Mediation CouncilOpens new window can help you find a local mediator.

Mental Health

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)

CAMHS provides assessment, treatment and support for young people who have emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties.  Normally young people will be referred to CAMHS by their GP, but other health and social care professional can also make a referral.

CAMHS in Swansea is at Trehafod Child and Family Clinic, Cockett, Swansea, SA2 0GB.  Tel: 01792 582139

Young MindsOpens new window - information for parents and young people 

BeatOpens new window - information to help people beat eating disorders 

Heads Above the WavesOpens new window - raises awareness of depression and self-harm amongst young people

Sexual Health

There is information about sexual health services in Swansea on the Health Challenge SwanseaOpens new window website.

Young people aged under 25 years can access free, confidential sexual health advice and free condoms from the Condom-Card (C-Card) SchemeOpens new window

Pregnancy - the FPAOpens new window offers advice for women and girls who have an unplanned pregnancy and are not sure what to do. 

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is a criminal offence.   If you are worried a child is at risk of, or is a victim of, FGM contact the NSPCC FGM helpline (anonymously if you wish) 24/7 on 0800 028 3550 or email  There is useful information on the NSPCCOpens new window website.

Powered by GOSS iCM