With Carolyn Jones. The ancient practice of Hatha yoga offers us a comprehensive way of staying fit and coping with modern life.
Tone muscles through this mind and body workout. Work through strengthening and stretching poses, breathe deeply and relax. Weekly sessions will be delivered via online videos with opportunities to discuss your needs with our tutor via group and one-to-one emails.
Elements of the course will include:
- arms and shoulders
- the back
- kneeling positions
- hands, feet, wrists and ankles
- head-to-toe stretches
- knees and legs
- positions - lying on the abdomen
- positions - lying on the back
- posture - maintaining good posture
- seated positions
- standing positions.
This course will include:
- Techniques taught using pre-recorded videos. Watch, follow and watch again.
- Through Google Classrooms, students will be able to share and discuss their own progress.
These mixed ability sessions are suitable for all levels. You will need a mat for comfort and some water to keep hydrated. For the sessions please wear clothing which does not restrict movement.
Please note: if this is the first time you are trying out yoga, or if you have had surgery or developed a health condition since you last exercised, you may want to check with your doctor before beginning.
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Online.
Course code: A092170.CJ.