Basic needlecraft techniques
With Helen Fencott. Sewing and garment making for beginners.
An accredited 30 week 'back to basics' beginners course, to introduce hand and machine sewing skills and techniques.
Basic skills and techniques will be taught, including:
- Fabric terms.
- Hand stitching techniques.
- Setting up a sewing machine.
- Using a machine to create a variety of stitch modes.
- Creating a portfolio record of activities.
Course content will include:
- Step-by-step photographic instruction booklet.
- Students will build up a portfolio to look back and relearn.
- Progressive learning in skills and techniques.
- Assignments incorporating each new skill.
- Weekly live teaching sessions.
- Slots available for drop in questions.
- Accreditation will be included with this course.
Projects can be done through hand sewing, a sewing machine or a mixture of both.
Agored Cymru accreditation will be achieved in the following:
- Unit JK6E3CY005 - taster courses - sewing; entry level 3 (1 credit).
- Unit JK1E3CY007 - sewing skills; entry level 3 (3 credits).
- Unit JK1E1CY004 - making textile crafts; entry level 1 (3 credits).
Duration: 30 weeks.
Learning format: Face-to-face.
Course code: A092153.HF.