Needlecraft and Sewing Workshop [Tues, 6-8pm]
With Helen Fencott. Project based needlecraft and sewing workshop.
This blended needlecraft and sewing learning workshop, will have a mixture of classroom based and online sessions. The course will provide one-to-one and group learning opportunities, based on a selection of topics chosen within the group.
Typical topics of learning may include:
- Preparation - selecting garments, setting out plans, designing and cutting shapes.
- Appliqué - creating an appliqué by hand or using a sewing machine.
- Sample embroidery - learn a variety of embroidery stitches.
- Embroidery - hand or machine embroidered embellishments.
- Backing - creating backings for wall hangings.
Sessions will include:
- Tutor led demonstrations.
- Skills and techniques will be taught.
- Group agreed learning needs will be identified during the online workshops and these will be addressed, where possible, during the sessions.
- Support with own projects and tutor led projects.
Duration: 10 weeks. Starting 18th January, 2022.
Please be aware that this course runs 10 weeks from the start date. Bookings made after this date will mean that you will be joining the course late. Our tutors are happy to accept new learners if places are still available to book.
Learning format: Blended learning.
Course code: A012252.HF