Garment Making - Progression [Mon 6-8pm]
With Helen Fencott. Progressing your existing skills in garment making.
Duration - 10 weeks commencing 17 January 2022
Please be aware that this course runs 10 weeks from the start date. Bookings made after this date will mean that you will be joining the course late. Our tutors are happy to accept new learners if places are still available to book.
This is a face to face learning course which will include accreditation and will enable learners to progress their existing abilities in garment making.
The skills and techniques taught will include:
- Garment making methods.
- Altering commercial patterns.
- Developing your existing skills and techniques.
- Using a machine to create a variety of stitch modes.
- Creating a portfolio record of activities.
Course content will include:
- Step-by-step instruction.
- Students will add to their portfolio of work.
- Progressive learning in skills and techniques.
- Assignments incorporating new skills.
- Accreditation will be included with this course.
Learners will have some standard garment making knowledge and basic skills in sewing.
Agored Cymru accreditation will be achieved in the following:
- Unit JK1E3CY007 - sewing skills; entry level 3 (3 credits).
Learning format: Face to face.
Course code: A012251.HF