Garment making - progression
With Helen Fencott. Progressing your existing skills in garment making.
This is a blended learning course, with a mixture of classroom based and online sessions. The course will include accreditation and will enable learners to progress their existing abilities in garment making.
The skills and techniques taught will include:
- Garment making methods.
- Altering commercial patterns.
- Developing your existing skills and techniques.
- Using a machine to create a variety of stitch modes.
- Creating a portfolio record of activities.
Course content will include:
- Step-by-step instruction.
- Students will add to their portfolio of work.
- Progressive learning in skills and techniques.
- Assignments incorporating new skills.
- Accreditation will be included with this course.
Learners will have some standard garment making knowledge and basic skills in sewing.
Agored Cymru accreditation will be achieved in the following:
- Unit JK1E3CY007 - sewing skills; entry level 3 (3 credits).
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Blended learning.
Course code: A092151.HF.