Drawing and painting (art appreciation)
With Kathryn Hay. Art practice and art appreciation for all.
This 10 week programme will give learners an opportunity to dip their toes into contemporary art and art history while developing the building blocks of drawing and painting. Each lesson will enable learners to gain a new skill which, in turn, will build their confidence to progress their creativity and develop their own style.
Elements of this course will include:
- Learn the basic principles of drawing and painting and practice new techniques inspired by the work of other artists.
- Explore the work of artists, both historic and contemporary.
Sessions will include:
- Classroom based learning.
- A topic taught using printed and online documents and resources.
- Challenges will be set by your tutor.
- Tutor feedback and class discussions.
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Face-to-face.
Course code: A092149.KH / A092150.KH.