Drawing for complete beginners
With June Palmer. Art practice and art appreciation for complete beginners.
Learn and develop drawing skills using line, tone, texture and colour to complete exercises and finished artworks. Use a variety of media, such as pencils, charcoal and pens to develop skills and techniques.
In this beginners class we will look at the work of other artists to stimulate ideas and develop our own art appreciation and practice. This will be a foundation class to introduce the basics of drawing with dry media and will provide a sound starting point for individual development.
Elements of this course will include:
- Specific drawing activities to introduce the basics.
- An introduction to the work of other artists both historical and contemporary.
- Structured session guides.
- A range of media used.
Sessions will include:
- A topic taught using online documents and resources.
- Each topic will be followed by a class assignment.
- Every week a live class discussion and feedback will take place to discuss topics and assignments, with opportunity for questions and answers. This will take place via the Google Classroom's Stream facility.
- Specific tutor feedback will be provided on individual learners' assignments via Google classroom.
This 10 week course can stand alone but is also part of a three term continued learning programme.
Duration: 10 weeks.
Learning format: Online.
Course code: A092146.JPA.