Toggle mobile menu visibility

Apply for an animal home boarding licence

Use our online form to apply for a licence to run a boarding/dog sitting service in your own home.

You must complete the application form in full.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form.

As part of your application there are documents you need to upload. Please make sure these are completed and saved to your device before you complete the application form.

  • Plan of your house - Please provide a detailed plan of your property showing all rooms in it. You should identify which rooms you will use for home boarding and which room will be used for isolation. The plan does not need to be to scale.
  • Risk assessment if you have children under the age of 16 at the premises - You should identify the risks when it comes to children in the house and boarding dogs. For example children are not to be left alone with the dogs, children are not to feed the dogs, etc. If any of these do happen and a child is at risk what is your prevention and outcome.
  • Public liability insurance - This should cover the full period of the licence for example 1 January to 31 December.

This form is available in Welsh - click on 'Cymraeg' in the top right corner of your screen.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon
Last modified on 23 May 2024