Search site

Apply for an animal home boarding licence

Use our online form to apply for a licence to run a boarding/dog sitting service in your own home.

You must complete the application form in full.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form.  There will be a fee to pay for the vets visit once this has been done.

  1. Swansea Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. We are collecting this information as part of our obligation under Animal Welfare Act 2016 / The Animal Welfare (breeding of dogs) (Wales) Regulations 2014. Your information will be used to help us fulfil our legal obligation and will not be used for any other purpose. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.

    Data protection law describes the legal basis for our processing your data as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. For further information about how Swansea Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see our corporate privacy notice on our website.
  2. Animal Boarding Establishment Act 1963, Section 1

    Application for a licence for the home boarding of dogs and dog sitting services in your own home

    Animal home boarding / dog sitting licence fee is £91

    Fields marked * are required
  3. 1. Applicant details
    1. Address where dogs are to be boarded
  4. 2. What arrangements are there in case of emergency?
  5. 3. Accommodation and facilities
    1. Please describe the accommodation and other facilities that are provided. Please give as much detail as possible.
  6. 4. The applicant is required to answer 'yes' or 'no' to the following questions
    1. Are you, or any person who will have control or management of the establishment, disqualified for the time being from:
    2. Keeping a riding establishment? *
    3. Keeping a dog? *
    4. Keeping a pet shop? *
    5. Having custody of animals? *
    6. Keeping a boarding establishment? *
  7. Vet details
    1. What is the name and address of your usual veterinary surgeon/practitioner?
  8. 5. Declaration
    1. Please upload a copy of your permitted/lawful development certificate.
    2. I declare my answers to the above questions to be correct in every respect
  9. Did you fill this form in yourself?
  10. Label
    1. IMPORTANT: When you click 'submit' you will be taken to our payment system.

      Please ensure that you fully complete your bank details and progress to the confirmation of payment, or your payment will not be processed.
Powered by GOSS iCM