Toggle mobile menu visibility

ALN - What can schools / colleges (FEI) do to help?

Schools and other education establishments can do a number of different things to support and identify additional learning needs.

Support for learning difficulties and additional learning needs

If a child / young person has learning difficulties, they will often receive support in school. This support is referred to a universal learning provision, meaning it is available to all children.

Identifying ALN

If you are concerned that your child / young person has an additional need or learning difficulty which may be impacting upon their learning, it is important to raise this concern with the school / college.

Person Centred Review

A Person Centred Review (PCR) is a way of working together and communicating positively with each other, always with the child or young person at the centre of the process.

Individual Development Plan (IDP)

We want children and young people with additional learning needs (ALN) to get the most they can from nursery, school or college. To do this they need a clear plan.


Moving from one stage of school to another is a time of change. For children with Additional Learning Needs (ALN), these transitions require careful planning.

Additional Learning Needs and Inclusion Team

Additional Learning Needs and Inclusion Team
01792 636162
Close Choose Language