Toggle mobile menu visibility

Alcohol and entertainment licences

The Licensing Act 2003 covers the sale and supply of alcohol, certain types of entertainment and late night refreshments.

If you are running a business premises or a members club that serves alcohol or provides entertainment you will need to apply for a licence. You will also need to apply for a licence to serve late night refreshments.

All applications for alcohol or entertainment licenses have to meet the four licensing objectives. These are there to help make sure the licence meets the public interest.  The four objectives are:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children from harm

Premises licences

A premises licence will cover the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment.

Temporary event notices

A temporary event notice (TEN) can be used to allow a licensable activity at a small scale one off event.

Personal licences

A personal licence allows individuals to sell, or to allow the sale of alcohol from an establishment with a premises licence.

Club premises certificates

Volunteer and social clubs carry on activities from premises to which public access is restricted and alcohol is supplied other than for profit. They should hold a club premises certificate.

Notice of new premises applications, variations and reviews

New applications for premises licences, variations and reviews of current licences under the Licensing Act 2003 are listed below. These adverts will remain here for the 28 day period in which representations can be made.

Licence reviews

A licence review can be sought where a premises is causing nuisance and there is evidence that the problems are related to the licensing objectives.

Statement of licensing policy

The Licensing Act 2003 requires us to publish a statement of licensing policy every five years. The policy says how we will carry out our functions as the licensing authority.

Licensing Act 2003 Fees and Charges

Details of the main fees for premises licences and club premises certificates and other fees most notably for temporary events and personal licences.
Close Choose Language