Active Young People
Swansea Active Young People Team would like to see 'every child hooked on sport for life'.
According to the most recent SportWales School Sport Survey (2018) conducted in Wales, 46.8 % of children in Swansea took part in organised activity (i.e extra-curricular or club sport) on three or more occasions per week. The vision for Sport in Wales refers to this as being 'Hooked on sport'.
Swansea Active Young People Team would like to see 'every child hooked on sport for life', and there are many projects, initiatives and events throughput the city to engage and inspire our young people from early year's through school age and beyond!
Our Active Young People Team:
- listen to the needs of young people by providing opportunities that they would like to participate in
- are fully inclusive for all young people
- provide sport and physical activity sessions in a safe, fun and non-competitive environment
- aim to create a generation of children and young people who are who are 'Hooked on Sport for Life.'
- our AYP Team are split into four cluster area's across Swansea. For contact information of officers and coaches in your area, please see below.