Apply for Rural Development Programme (RDP) funding
RDP LEADER funding has supported a variety of community led projects, these have included community supported agriculture schemes, renewable energy initiatives and feasibility studies.
If you have a new innovative project idea that could add value to Swansea's rural communities, please contact the RDP team to discuss eligibility.
Please note: Swansea RDP is only able to support applications from charities, constituted community groups, not for profit organisations, and social enterprises. All project activities must take place in the eligible wards:
- Fully eligible RDP wards:
- Mawr, Llangyfelach, Pontarddulais, Penclawdd, Fairwood, Bishopston, Pennard, and Gower.
- Partially supported service wards:
- Clydach, Gorseinon and Gowerton.
Your project idea must also address one of the RDP's national themes, these are:
- Adding value to local identity and natural and cultural resources
- Facilitating pre-commercial development, business partnerships and short supply chain
- Exploring new ways of providing non-statutory local services
- Renewable energy at community level
- Exploitation of digital technology
Fast track funding applications (up to a maximum of £10,000)
The funding window for fast track applications is now open. The maximum that this grant would offer is £10,000 and will require a minimum of 30% match funding.
Fast track projects should be new and innovative to rural Swansea; and take place within our 8 rural Swansea wards and have community benefit.
Please note applications will be considered on a first come, first saved basis.
Information on previously successful projects: RDP projects
Swansea Rural Development Partnership will be accepting fast track applications until 28 June 2022, 5.00pm via the RDP email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any fast track applications after the deadline will not be considered.