Environmental Information Regulations
The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 give the public similar rights to those in Freedom of Information Act when requesting environmental information.
Environmental information includes recorded information the council has concerning:
- the state of the elements of the environment such as air, water, soil and land
- emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation, waste and any other such substances
- measures and activities such as policies, plans and agreements affecting or likely to affect the state of the elements of the environment
- reports, cost benefit and economic analysis used in these policies, plans and agreements
- the state of human health and safety, contamination of food chain and cultural sites and built structures
Apply for information held
You do not need to give us a reason for wanting the information you have requested. You do not have to use our form - any written request is sufficient, but completing this form will help us to make sure your request is dealt with promptly.