Toggle mobile menu visibility

Resolving concerns

Where to resolve your concerns.

If you are concerned about the progress your child is making at school, you should first talk to the class teacher. If your child has additional learning needs you should also talk to your Additional Learning Needs Co-ordinator (ALNCo). You may also talk to the headteacher.

If your concerns relate to the support your child is getting, you can ask to see the school's policy on Additional Learning Needs (ALN).

Other concerns should normally be shared with the headteacher.

A phone call may reassure you about an issue concerning the local authority. If not, then put your concerns in writing.

Many problems can be solved informally by talking to the teachers at your child's school. Before taking further action, make sure that you have shared your concerns. For guidance on different types of concerns see further information below.


How to resolve your concerns

If your child has Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and your are unhappy about the support they are receiving at school, there are a number of ways to raise and resolve your concerns.