Toggle mobile menu visibility

Do you need a bit more help?

Whether you are looking for information or help for yourself, a family member or friend, there is lots of advice available to you.

Social care and wellbeing for adults

Living independently at home and in your community, and getting the right care and support when you need it.


A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help.

Care at home

If you are finding it difficult to manage with your personal care needs, home care services many be able to help you cope with daily living.

Community alarms (lifelines)

Community alarms (lifelines) provide an emergency telephone link for older and disabled people.

Older People's Commissioner

  • Address
    • Cambrian Buildings
    • Mount Stuart Square
    • Butetown
    • Cardiff
    • CF10 5FL
    • United Kingdom
  • Tel03442 640 670

Citizens Advice Swansea/ Neath Port Talbot

  • Address
    • Second Floor
    • City Gates
    • 50A Wind Street
    • Swansea
    • SA1 1EE
    • United Kingdom
  • Tel0808 278 7926

Living with dementia

Social Services and other support groups can provide information and practical assistance which can help someone living with dementia do so with both choice and independence.

The Silver Line

Search for advice and support

We have provided a list of local and national organisations which could offer you further advice and support.