Volunteering at Oystermouth Castle
Your castle needs you!
Friends of Oystermouth Castle - volunteers wanted!
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Do you have an interest in history, archaeology and education?
- Would you like to get involved in your local community?
Who are we?
Set up in 1989, the Friends of Oystermouth Castle are a voluntary group of people, who look after the day to day running of the castle during the open season.
The castle has recently undergone multi-million pound conservation work and these developments have made involvement with the castle more exciting that it has ever been.
Making a difference
Anyone can join as a Friend and volunteer. Whether you are newly retired, a student looking for work experience, or someone who has a few hours to spare - there are many new opportunities to get involved in at Oystermouth Castle.
Whatever role you choose, you don't need any previous experience and will receive full support and training.
Becoming a Friend is good fun and gives you the chance to learn about the history of the castle, in addition to meeting visitors who come from all around the world.
- As a guide
- Developing education and lifelong learning
- Furthering our knowledge of the castle's history through research
- Assist with devising and organising events
- Welcoming our visitors and sharing information
All Friends are entitled to:
- Free access to Oystermouth Castle, plus 2 family members
- Regular opportunities to attend social events
- The opportunity to access a range of ongoing support and training
If you have a little spare time and would like to know more about volunteering or becoming a Friend of Oystermouth Castle, please contact:
Secretary, Friends of Oystermouth Castle
Erika Kluge - Oystermouth Castle Community Officer