Sustainable business solutions
The council's award winning sustainable development can help develop and evidence sustainable practice within your organisation at competitive rates.
Wales is changing the way it does business. The Well-being of Future Generations Act (applied from April 2016) directly impacts how all aspects of the public sector operate in Wales.
Fundamental changes in procurement, funding and partnership working practices have a tangible impact on enterprise in the private and third sector. Adopting the public sector's new ways of working results in greater efficiency, and creates value for your enterprise too, ultimately improving the bottom line.
How we can help your organisation
Swansea's award winning Sustainable Development team is recognised across the UK for its leadership in sustainable development. We offer a range of fixed price solutions for organisations seeking pragmatic ways to benefit from sustainable development.
Our experienced team of sustainable development experts have a proven track record in the provision of business support and teaching. Our consultancy services, train the trainer sessions and workshops are individually tailored to meet the needs of small to medium enterprises, third sector organisation and the public sector.
What we can provide
- Sustainability policies and reporting
- The Well-being of Future Generations Act - the implications for your business
- Sustainable Development diagnostics and action plans
- Collaboration, integration and involvement toolkits
- Foresighting and future trends
Why use our services?
- It's good business sense to manage all resources - not just traditional assets efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrating the sustainability credentials of your business can mean the difference between losing and winning a vital contract
- Funding awards will (and many already do) increasingly demand evidence of how sustainable development is undertaken within funding bids
- To work in partnership or collaboration with public sector institutions in Wales, the private and third sector will need to demonstrate sustainable development principles in practice
- Reputational benefits help attract and retain staff, win business and meet customer needs
- Our expertise has been nationally recognised
- You can see our sustainable development activity here