Swansea Gypsy and Traveller Sites
These pages provide information on the review process for Gypsy and Traveller sites in Swansea.
Swansea Council has to provide new Gypsy and Traveller site provision in order to meet current demand in the City. This will provide a permanent place of residence for Gypsy and Traveller families who already live in Swansea.
A Quick Overview of the assessment process has been produced and a more detailed step by step breakdown is set out below:
The Current Situation
- At present, there is only one permanent site in Swansea for Gypsy and Travellers. The site is at Pantyblawd Road, and is fully subscribed.
Review and Consultation Process
- A cross-party Member Task and Finish Group was established to recommend suitable Council owned site provision. The assessment process incorporated a strict set of criteria that was applied throughout.
- A public consultation was carried out and closed on 31st March 2013
- A report following the consultation has been produced. It was presented to Full Council on 21st October 2013. You can view the complete report and appendices on these web pages.
- A report will be presented to Cabinet on 5th November 2013. You can view the agenda pack which includes the report and a copy of the representations made by petitioners at Full Council on our Democratic Services pages. The meeting on 5th November will be webcast for members of the public to view the meeting.
Webcast of the Full Council meeting